-
July 23rd, 2003, 11:41 PM
#1
Inactive Member
If those drivers came out of the Altec model 9844, or 844 (older), (painted factory grey)..... studio monitor loudspeaker system, and they were coupled to the 800hz model "811 Radial" HF horn:
Then these HF drivers you have should be the series 806 music HF drivers, and these should have the "all aluminum" diaphrams!
The 806's are very good music HF reproducers.
Just slightly less magnet than the series 802 model HF units, but still VERY efficient, and very clear response to HF "inaudibility"! These models should be crossed at 800hz or higher, and utilyzed with a horn such as the 811B, with an 800 hz "cut-off". These can also be mounted on an Altec 511B , 500 hz horn, but should still be crossed at 800 hz or higher.
AL-TEC.........
-
July 24th, 2003, 12:29 AM
#2
Inactive Member
With all due respect AL-TEC, 806A response rolls off at 8 KHZ, the advertised 22 kHZ response was fabricated by the Altec marketing pukes. If interested email me for the 806A far field on axis response graph @ 1m in (JPG) format .
-
July 24th, 2003, 03:35 AM
#3
Infohunter
Guest
I have a pair of Altec HF drivers and the only markings on them are"34635",They came out of Altec 9844-8B cabinets and mated with 811 horns,Anyone out there have any stats on them,THANX,Louis
-
July 24th, 2003, 01:33 PM
#4
Infohunter
Guest
Thanks for your RE:s,I am totally familiar with the 800 series dvrs,These are not them,I went through "Ebay / Altec" to see if I could find a similar photo,and I think they could be 909s?,The magnet structure wider than 800s and the magnet is only 1" thick,I tried to put a vidcap in the avatar frame,Don't know if it took till I post this,(does not show in the preview)If uall nail this down I would be interested in the wattage rating.
-
July 24th, 2003, 02:21 PM
#5
Infohunter
Guest
Would not accept file in avatar,Lets see if this works,
http://www.picture-at.com/pt/10716.jpg
-
July 26th, 2003, 09:48 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Originally posted by analogman:
With all due respect AL-TEC, 806A response rolls off at 8 KHZ, the advertised 22 kHZ response was fabricated by the Altec marketing pukes. If interested email me for the 806A far field on axis response graph @ 1m in (JPG) format .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
-
July 26th, 2003, 10:07 PM
#7
Inactive Member
-
July 27th, 2003, 03:12 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Hi AL-TEC:
Thanks for the enlightenment and your scientific response.
-
July 27th, 2003, 04:25 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Let the record show that I am really impressed by the awesome display of your brain power.
thanks again.
-
July 28th, 2003, 03:08 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Yes , rather than scientific measurements, your ears can judge what is coming through on music when reproduced by loudspeakers by doing listening tests, and comparing side by side different makes of drivers
If a person has been doing sound work for years wheather audiophile, PA, musician, recording, audio engineer, this helps too. I call it having a "trained ear". However unscientific this may be to some, it is sometimes the final call for how "musical" a component of audio may be, and to tell what is coming through.
AL-TEC
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks